Information technology (IT) is the application of computers and telecommunications equipment to store, retrieve, transmit and manipulate data, often in the context of a business or other enterprise.
The term is commonly used as a synonym for computers and computer networks, but it also encompasses other information distribution technologies such as television and telephones. Several industries are associated with information technology, including computer hardware, software, electronics, semiconductors, internet, telecom equipment, engineering, healthcare, e-commerce and computer services.
- IT strategy: Technology helps companies transform themselves and grow their business. Consulting Office helps clients that are embarking on major growth or change that is heavily technology-dependent to identify the optimal future state of IT, aligned with business needs, and then jointly develop an implementation blueprint.
- IT performance improvement: Under performing IT negatively affects business performance. Consulting Office works with companies seeking to address their IT efficiency problems to not only reduce costs, but to improve and develop capabilities that enable innovation and agility.
- IT M&A: Technology-related synergies are key to successful mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and separations, but too often they are overlooked early in the deal. We help companies plan and manage the changes in their systems to accommodate changes in business structure.
- IT project effectiveness: Consulting Office helps clients maximize the business results from major technology initiatives, including turnaround programs. We help executives evaluate the case for investment, set up projects for success—or place current projects on the right track—to ensure they capture value when implementing new systems and programs.
- Our approach
- At Consulting Office, we value technology as an integral and potentially differentiating component of a business. We help clients transform their organizations; enabling holistic digital strategies to catch up with consumer demands, maximizing value in turnaround situations and ultimately, developing technology operating models that make organizations more agile.
- Our technology projects start with business strategy. We believe that a company’s corporate strategy both guides and is influenced by its technological capabilities. Our industry experts take a unique approach to engagements by working with business leaders to initially understand corporate goals and then determine what technological capabilities, systems and support they require to succeed.